Tuesday 14 October 2014

It's been a while

4 1/2 months since my last post (did I forget? Ahem...maybe) and things have moved on massively.

We've completed two 10k races. The Cheddar 10k (see photo) was insanely hilly and, on a hot day, pretty difficult too. The Bath Two Tunnels 10k was a gorgeous flat course and I hit a PB of 1:01. I was aiming for 1:04, which was easy to hit as it transpired, but managed 1:01 with no real issues. Next goal is to get below 1 hour!

First parkrun was last weekend and, running with my 12 year old nephew for the first lap (2.5k was enough for him but then he's not really done much running before and no distance whatsoever), I still hit 31 minutes exactly. Sub 30 isn't too much of a problem for a 5k any more, and the aim is to go sub 27 minutes by the end of the year. Hopefully this isn't an unrealistic goal.

Of course, it's also less than a week to the half marathon - quite excited in a funny way. We've done a number of 10 milers and one 12 miler in training and I've managed those without any problems, even if the 12 miles was a tough call. Means that the half marathon on the flat of Amsterdam should be absolutely fine. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment